Iced Cranberry scones
- Kitchen essentials used in this recipe:
- Glass mixing bowl
- Citrus zester/grater
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment paper
- 1½ cups sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ cup dried cranberries more as desired
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons culinary coconut milk more as needed
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter with the back of a fork or pastry cutter until the size of a pea.
- Add the orange zest and cranberries and mix gently to combine.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and the coconut milk together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix only until combined.
- Roll the dough out on a floured cutting board until it is 1'' thick. Cut the scones into your desired shape and put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While baking, make the glaze by combining the coconut milk with the powdered sugar.
- Drizzle on top of each scone once you have let them cool. Enjoy!
- **Please choose all organic ingredients if possible**
**Please choose all organic ingredients if possible**
Kitchen essentials used in this recipe:
Click on the name to get yours here.