Clean eating is a deceptively simple concept. … At its simplest, clean eating is about eating whole foods, or “real” foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible.
Pastry bag (optional)
Easy to follow links to get your special equipment at the bottom of this page.
Raspberry filled cookie bites
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- Candy thermometer
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. water divided use
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 large egg whites ¼ cup
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sifted almond flour
- To make raspberry filling, combine raspberries and ¾ cup water in small saucepan; cook,over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes
- , or until berries have broken down and the liquid becomes slightly thicker. Refrigerate to cool.
- To make meringue, place honey and remaining 2 Tbsp. water in a small saucepan; cook, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 240° F with a candy thermometer.
- While honey mixture cooks, place egg whites in a clean, large metal mixing bowl;
- Beat until soft peaks are formed. Set aside.
- When honey mixture reaches 240° F, transfer it into a clean, heat-resistant pouring vessel (like a glass measuring cup).
- Slowly add honey mixture (in a thin stream) to egg whites, whisking vigorously until completely mixed.
- Add Vanilla extract; continue whisking vigorously until the meringue forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Gently fold in almond flour; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Transfer meringue mixture into a large resealable plastic bag (or pastry bag). Squeeze out any excess air and seal bag.
- Cut off about ½-inch of the bottom corner of the bag.
- Pipe out thirty-six 1-inch rounds, evenly spaced.
- Firmly tap each baking sheet against the kitchen counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Let cookies rest for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cookies have risen about inch.
- Remove from oven. Cool before removing from parchment paper.
- Evenly divide raspberry filling on the flat side of eighteen cookies. Top each
- cookie with the flat side of a second cookie to make a sandwich.
Order here for 4.33 on Amazon Prime.
order here for 3.32 on Amazon Prime