Did you know that not all CARBS are created equal? It’s true. Let’s keep it real.
There are Simple Carbs and there are Complex carbs.
Simple carbs like bread, cereal, desserts, Pasta or rice and soft drinks.
Why are they SIMPLE?
* Because they are smaller molecules of sugar and they are digested quickly into the body .
The energy is stored as glycogen in our cells. If not used immediately your body will convert it to fat and store it.
* Because they are typically low in nutrients and also low in fiber.
*It spikes your glucose and then drops you down making you feel tired.
*They are empty calories converting to fat.
Then there is Complex Carbs
They are from Fruits and vegetables, whole grain and beans. Good carbs are most of the time in their natural state
Why are they complex?
*Because their chemical structure and fiber require the body to work harder to digest and the energy is released over time.
Why is that good?
*Because they are high in nutrients and fiber.
*Helps you feel fuller longer.
*Naturally stimulates your metabolism.
*Simply put. We should make better choices with what we eat to keep our blood sugar at a slow steady pace.
When selecting your carbs there is an order from best to worst choices.
6) Leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, asparagus etc.
5) Vegetables, Tomatoes, squash , Zucchini, carrots Etc.
4) Fruits, like pineapples, apples, bananas and berries.
3)Whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa Etc.
2) refined grans like Flour, white rice, pasta, crackers, bagels and bread.
1)Foods containing sugar, like cookies, cakes, soft drinks, energy drinks Etc.
Each category also as its own levels as well. But some simple research and wise choices you will be able to control your sugar levels and also your metabolism.