Ever wonder how to stay motivated when you are on your fitness journey? We all have those days that you just don’t want to get up and workout or cook that healthy meal. Im going to give you 8 tips on staying motivated.
- Remember why you started. Each of us had a reason that started us on this journey in the first place, Maybe it was to You didn’t like how your clothes were fitting or you were sick of being sick, But you have a WHY and you will need to remember it on days when you “feelings” don’t cooperate.
- Make weekly checkpoints to track your progress. Take your measurements or step on the scale and take photos . Track your success. You may not be able to see the numbers moving but a photo will help you see the difference.
- Make sure you reward yourself every time you achieve your weekly goals, Not with food especially bad foods. You should eat to nourish your body. Go for a walk, get your nails done, Do something nice for yourself.
- Give yourself a break. Don’t be so hard on yourself. If you trust the process then you will see the results. Don’t panic and don’t beat yourself up!
- Be proud of yourself and your efforts. Dont wait till you reach your goal to be proud. Be proud of every effort. Think about how far you have come. Believe that you will get there.
- Change your perspective. Shift your thinking from coach potato mentality to thinking like and athlete. Athletes train hard and try to improve each day.
- Remember fit is not a destination, its a way of life.
- Reach out to others for support. We all have days like that. we get it. If you need a coach Im here. Contact me If you have a friend that can hold you accountable reach out!